Thursday 12 November 2009

William Turner

William Turner is a very well known painter from the Impressionism period. During my current project I refered to his paintings as my main source of inspiration for colour. His ability to blend, and merge colour creates a great sense of movement and rythm. Each of his paintings seem to radiate strong emotion. In 'Snowstorm' for example, the intesity and direction of the brush stroke make me feel like I am going to get drawn in to the storm, lost in elements like the subject of the painting.





'The Snowstorm'



1 comment:

  1. Amazing - I love Turner! He seems to express the pure light of Spirit in his works (just saw some of his works close up in London :-)

    best wishes,
    Ed

    http://edword.wordpress.com/2010/03/06/enchanted/

    ReplyDelete